Support for new rooms, database optimisation and other updates of PokerTracker 4
In the summer of 2014, the companies that developed PokerTracker 4 and Holdem Manager 2 became one. A press release immediately announced that since the integration, the tracker's development teams would be merged. As a result, instead of competing software, we were promised a single, but great product. The choice was made to create Holdem Manager 3. In October 2019, the long-awaited release of HM3 took place. A year later, the developers announced that they were discontinuing support for Holdem Manager 2. PokerTracker 4, on the other hand, is doing just fine in 2022. The summer updates are the perfect proof of that!
Which rooms have been added to Poker Tracker 4?
Not a year in online poker goes by without new names. The list of rooms is constantly being updated with new ones. The Poker Tracker 4 team responds to the changes and adds new rooms. Here's who was added in June/July 2022:
- Adda52. Indian poker room. Ranked 18th out of 77 in terms of number of players. A real-time HUD requires a converter. Advanced Adda52 Converter will do.
- PokerStars.On. Separate PS reservation for residents of the Canadian province of Ontario. In terms of traffic it ranks 29th. PT4 fully supports the room without converters. We recommend an auxiliary program StarsCaption for easy multi-tabling.
- PokerBaazi. Another Indian room. It is slightly ahead of Adda52 by the number of users and is on the 17th place. For full operation of statistics, you need PokerBaazi Converter. Or its alternative from Advanced Converter.
- BetOnline. One of three rooms of the Chico Poker network. The network is a regular participant in the top 15 of the world poker. Currently ranked #12. Use either Chico Converter or Advanced Chico Converter to enjoy the HUD in real time.
- Svenska Spel. Swedish poker room from #30 on PokerScout. We recommend Advanced Svenska Spel Converter for a complete HUD and popup output.
The list of rooms has grown so large that developers added a scrolling option
Poker Tracker 4 users would be more excited about full support for new rooms so they don't have to spend money on converters. However, partial support is a good first step in the right direction.
What about the database?
The better the database is optimized, the faster the poker tracker works. This is especially important for users who have more than a few million hand histories. This is why PT4 developers are improving the interaction between the tracker and the database. Here are the latest innovations:
- Improved database connection handling to prevent crashes;
- Fixed a bug where identical error messages were logged;
- Added new database fields for donkbets;
- Added initial starting stack size for tournaments;
- Fixed removal of two tags in a row causing an error;
- Improved handling and detection of failed cache updates.
The DB updates are not as noticeable as new rooms or features, but they increase the stability of the tracker.
What else is new in PT4?
A rare month goes by without a few updates and fixes to Poker Tracker 4. So in the latest release:
- Fixed an error importing hands from partypoker, which occurred when using the timebank.
- Corrected the import of hands from Run It Twice on the iPoker network. Prior to the update, not all hands with RIT were getting into the tracker.
- Got rid of the problem with importing hands on the Winning Poker Network. Previously, some sizes of bets caused an error in the tracker and it did not import the hand.
- Improved accuracy of PT4 equity calculator.
- Returned the button bar which was not displayed in version 11 of MacOS.
New applications are also being added to the programme
Why is Poker Tracker 4 still relevant?
The fourth version of the popular tracker was released on August 30, 2012. Poker Tracker 4 will be 10 years old in a month's time. What is the reason for its relevance even now? Here are 3 arguments:
1. PT4 is the only stats software that directly supports Mac OS. Apple's products occupy a small share of the overall operating system market, so software developers ignore them. Except for PokerTracker 4 - they have created a full-fledged tracker for Mac OS and support it. Apple users appreciate it.
2. The creators of PT4 are faithful to the principle: "Pay once and use for life". For $100 customers get a solution to their statistics issue for years to come. No subscriptions or addons. Against the price tag of Hand2Note and Holdem Manager 3, PT4 attracts a lot of people.
3. A decent portion of the solutions of the more modern HM3 is taken precisely from PokerTracker 4. In the same filters or HUD builder, it's easy to recognise the basis from PT4. If the tools are the same, there is little point in taking the more expensive Holdem Manager 3.
The HUD constructor is very similar to the one now in HM3
Why buy on PokerEnergy?
Customers receive bonus points for every purchase from us. These can be used in subsequent orders and save money.
Another argument in favour of PE is the promotions section. For ordering some software, we give others away for free. For example, if you buy PokerTracker 4 PRO, we give you the top equity calculator Flopzilla for free.
All the information about the range updates and other attractive offers is published in the PokerEnergy Telegram Channel. Sign up to make sure you don't miss out.
Flopzilla + FlopzillaPro
Poker Tracker 4