Software on PokerStars
The world's largest online poker site, PokerStars, is planning to overhaul its security policy. The first changes will concern the use of external helper applications. The online giant three weeks ago posted a corresponding message on the project's official information portal. The text of the message also contained a request to the poker community to comment on the planned innovations. The project managers were interested not in the opinion of the majority, but in a constructive assessment from professional poker players.
It all started with a theme on the popular TwoPlusTwo website. The reason for the discussion on the 2 + 2 forum was the HUSNG program. The software provided recommendations for playing heads-up in Sit'n'GO tournaments. The level of support and tips provided by the application was in full accordance with the rules in force at that time. Regardless, it was deemed to go far beyond acceptable assistance by PokerStars experts. After that, the HUSNG tool was banned. It is planned to conduct a dialogue with the developers of a number of other software products that do not comply with the updated rules regarding changes.
Now, a tool, software tool, or manual that provides advice or comments other than the basic one will be blocked
The basic tools include: tables of starting hands, which are built on the basis of the number of chips available to the player and decision trees. And also a HUD that collects statistical information about the actions of the opponent during the game.
In short, they want to ban any poker software that dynamically changes the tactics and strategy of the game during the game process, thereby significantly increasing the chances of winning. According to PokerStars representatives, it upsets the balance of the game.
Programs that have been banned
The full list of proposed changes to the rules, published on the major poker forum TwoPlusTwo, was officially confirmed by PokerStars representatives three weeks after publication. Compiled a list of applications that cannot be launched simultaneously with the PokerStars client. The following programs are classified as prohibited software:
- PT4 Leak Tracker - helps you find and fix bugs in your game;
- NoteCaddy - automatic notes during the match, allows you to find faces of opponents;
- PokerStove - calculator of the chances of winning with a variety of hands;
- Odds Oracle - adjusts the hand range and calculates the odds of winning;
- SessionLord Preflop Chart - Provides advice on table selection at PokerStars and helps you play large numbers of hands in short periods of time;
- Holy Grail of Poker - tracks opponents' leaks, gives advice on how to improve the game;
- Poker Academy - analyzes the game, simulates real players, gives advice, and also has a built-in probability calculator;
- HM2 LeakBuster - poker statistics program that gives recommendations;
- FlopZilla is an analyzer of the frequency of falling out of various poker combinations.
PokerStars management plans to continue making changes to the rules. This will be done gradually so that players have time to adapt to new conditions. Information about the innovations will be regularly published.